Lactation Smoothie to Boost Milk Supply
This recipe comes from Jada Glover. She is a Certified Lactation Counselor and Certified Health Coach for Pregnant and Postpartum Mothers through Dr. Sears Wellness Institute. She is the founder of Lactation Mamas, an amazing online community and resource for mothers.If you’re looking for the perfect lactation smoothie to boost your milk supply, look no further than this recipe! This is the simplest recipe to make when you are breastfeeding and in need of a quick snack or meal. It contains healthy fats for both you and your baby, and milk-boosting foods like oats and almonds. Almonds contain a high amount of magnesium and calcium- both of which you need in pregnancy and postpartum to help your body recover and replace maternal stores used to produce breastmilk.
- 1/4 cup Oats (traditional for more milk-boosting power)
- 1 Banana
- 2 tbsps All Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend well until smooth.
- Divide into glasses and enjoy! (Note: This smoothie will thicken if not had right away. Just add a splash of almond milk until you reach your desired consistency.)
Storage: Store in a mason jar with a lid in the fridge up to 48 hours.
Recipe Enhancement Tips
- More Protein – Add hemp seeds or a scoop of protein powder.
- More Fiber/milk boosting properties – Add ground flaxseed.
- No Banana – Sweeten with raw honey, maple syrup, or a few soaked dates.
- No Peanut Butter – Use any nut or seed butter.
Please follow and like us: