Chester County Breastfeeding Support Groups
- Breastfeeding Resource Center: This is a friendly and supportive atmosphere where you can connect with other local mothers and babies. An International Board-Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) is present for the first hour and our scales are available for weight checks. We welcome all mothers and babies whether you are breastfeeding, bottle feeding, using a nipple shield, or supplemental nursing system. Held on Wednesdays. 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. 987 Old Eagle School Rd, Suite #705, Wayne, PA 19087.
- Chester Chester County Hospital: FREE support group for breastfeeding mothers and their partners and loved ones. You will be able to talk with other moms, share your breastfeeding experiences in a non-judgmental environment, and check your baby’s weight on the scale. No charge. No reservations are necessary. Feel free to bring a beverage and a snack. Breastfeeding babies and their siblings are welcome. Please note, support groups do not meet on holidays. 610-738-2300. Mira Room. Held on the 1st Saturday and 2nd Monday of the month.
- Main Line Health: Come for an opportunity to speak with other breastfeeding mothers, share your breastfeeding experiences, and check your baby’s weight. At no cost to you, our internationally board-certified lactation consultants can provide personalized support and care. No reservations necessary. Feel free to bring a beverage and a snack. Breastfeeding babies and their siblings are welcome. Call 1.866.CALL.MLH (225.5654).
- Phoenixville Hospital: This educational and support group for breastfeeding mothers meets monthly. Community Health Education at 610-983-1288. Held on the 3rd Monday of the month. 10:30 am to 12:00 pm.
Chester County Postpartum Adjustment Support Groups
- Moms Supporting Moms @ Chester County Hospital: This is a free support group is for mothers or moms-to-be who want to connect with other mommas and talk about how they are feeling about motherhood. Babies and young children are welcome. Please use the free valet service. Have questions? Call Mitzy Liriano, MS, BSN, CCE, CBC at 915-471-0621. Held on the second Thursday of the month. 7:00 to 8:30 pm.
- Monday Moms Support Circle @ Erin Saddic, MS PMH-C LPC Postpartum Emotional Wellness: A support group for both new and experienced moms. Experience a group where support and caring are key, and everyone’s feelings are respected and heard. Non-crawling babies are welcome. Working moms: come and bring your lunch! $15 per group. Pre-registration is appreciated, but drop-ins are welcome: (610) 931-5547 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Held on the 1st or 3rd Monday of the month. 10:45 am to 12:00 pm.
- Lean on Me @ Mother Me LLC: A group for new and new again moms supporting each other through the joys and woes of caring for yourself while caring for others. Receive breastfeeding peer support along with professional guidance from our own CLC, Melissa. Free. (610) 232-2592.
- New Dad Meetup @ Paoli Library: Attention new dads and birth partners. Come join this fun, interactive, and informative meetup group. The focus is on navigating the stressors, challenges, and mental health issues that come as a new parent. Meets monthly in the Children’s Room.
- Postpartum Adjustment Group @ Phoenixville Hospital: This educational and support group for new mothers meets monthly. Expectant mothers are welcome. This program offers a forum for support, networking, guest lecturers and education to help guide new mothers through the prenatal and postpartum period. Contact Community Health Education at 610-983-1288. Held on the 3rd Wednesday of the month. 6:30 to 8:00 pm.
- West Chester Postpartum Adjustment Support Group @ West Chester Area YMCA: The purpose of this group is to create a safe space for Chester County pregnant and postpartum women to prepare and share their experiences with adjusting to motherhood. Free of charge. Babies in arms are welcome. The Y offers free childcare for older children during the meeting. Held on the 3rd Wednesday of the month. 7:15 to 8:30 pm.